The Seminar will cover:
This seminar will take a deeper look at aerobic and anaerobic energy systems. In particular in respect of how to develop each aspect of cardiovascular training. There is a wealth of research that backs up the notion that it is important to train slowly within the aerobic threshold in order to improve performance, physical health and aid with fat-loss and maintaining a healthy body composition.
Val studied physiology as part of her Post Graduate Strength & Conditioning Certificate and enjoyed it so much she is returning to Post Graduate Study on an Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology course. Val has been developing her knowledge through the work of Dr Phil Maffetone, Dr Keith Livingstone and Scott Jonstone & Steve House – all of whom promote the benefits of aerobic conditioning. Val’s running coach is 2012 Ironman Hawaii Winner Pete Jacobs who is also an advocate of this type of training. Val’s main sport is Indoor Rowing and she is coached by successful Sport and Exercise Physiologist Eddie Fletcher, where the majority of the training is focused on developing aerobic capacity. Eddie coaches a wealth of World Record Holders and World Champions in the sport of Indoor Rowing as well as in other sports.
There has been a flurry of interest in High Intensity Training over the last decade or so within fitness. This seminar will explain the benefits of adding in aerobic conditioning and why as fitness professionals and fitness or sports enthusiast we should look to add more aerobic conditioning to our training week.
This Worksop is designed for:
- Fitness Professionals
- Fitness enthusiasts who want to learn more about fat-loss
- Sports enthusiasts who want to learn more about how to train for performance
- Understand the difference between training aerobic and anaerobic energy systems
- Understand the physiological adaptations of aerobic capacity training and the benefits thereof
- Understand why developing a higher aerobic capacity benefits health and fat-loss
- Understand why developing a higher aerobic capacity benefits sports performance
- Understand the basics of implementing aerobic capacity training into a fitness regime for yourself or your clients